A+ After School Program
NEW School Year 2021-2022
American TKA Martial Arts is proud to have been serving Davie and the surrounding communities for over 23 years and becoming your number one source for After School, Spring, Summer & Winter Camp needs.
We are so much more than just a place where kids come to spend time until parents pick them up. We instill life long values through the Art of Martial Arts into each and every student. We believe living a life of purpose means focusing each day on being the best version of yourself. We believe integrity, respect, knowledge, perseverance, humility and honor are the corner stones and essential qualities for living a fulfilling life.
Our Award Winning After School Program
- American TKA Martial Arts provides an After School Martial Arts program that enhances the lives of children.
- Physically we develop their balance, strength, coordination, and fitness that helps them grow to be strong & confident in their abilities.
- Mentally we plant in them fundamental values of respect, discipline, positive attitude, and persistence that will help them lead happy and fulfilling lives.
- Emotionally we give them self confidence, self esteem, and a sense of self worth to help them make sound, positive decisions wherever they may go or wherever they may be. This is the critical aspect in teaching children these fundamental skills which prevents them from becoming the victim of bullying.
- Each training session begins with meditation, teaching the children to calm their mind and control their emotions. This is critical during these times where children are influenced so easily on social media.
- American TKA owner, Master Ginarte speaks to school teachers on a weekly basis, attends conferences & reviews each students reports cards quarterly to monitor students progression. Master Ginarte created our “Triangle Principle” which focuses on all 3 points converging together for the child’s success, (Home, School & Martial Arts). This is used in every aspect of our program.
- Our program includes 9 forms of Martial Arts & Fitness/Wellness Styles, (Tae Kwon Do, MMA, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Boxing, Wrestling, Yoga & Parkour. We also conduct weekly boot-camp workouts & teach extensive weapons programs. We have competition teams & are heavily involved in community projects as a basis of giving back. No other Martial Arts Schools offer the diverse programs we do and we take pride in our accomplishments and reputation.
American TKA After School Martial Arts Program is a priority for our school. Personal safety, focus, character development, & improved academics are only some of the benefits of this program; Studies have found that martial arts training has a direct correlation with improvement of children’s school grades. Our After School Martial Arts Program is perfect for moms and dads! It is a week-to-week, year round program that takes the place of daycare, extended care or babysitting.
As an added convenience we offer full day programs on teacher workdays, school half days and most holidays. Students will enjoy fun days with diverse activities in addition to their martial arts training. We may visit local parks and area attractions or perhaps invite a guest speaker or performer. Of course our facilities offer plenty of opportunities for fun too. Maybe a kid’s movie, state of the art entertainment systems or an exciting day participating in Indoor Olympic Games. Whether students are enjoying a day of indoor soccer or watching an exciting movie, you can be sure your child will have a great time with the varied activities.
How does it work?
Transportation is provided each day for your child from their school to our school (call to see if your child attends one of over 21 schools we pick up from) in one of our 6 safety certified buses. We are often adding schools so if we don’t currently pick up from your school, make the request and we will make every effort to accommodate. Upon arrival they will get their martial arts uniforms on and based on your direction; spend an hour doing homework, in our relaxation room, or play board games, play video games or relax until the Martial Arts class begins. We start each day with an all student meditation session. This is a critical aspect of our program as it teaches children to quite the mind, focus themselves and reduce any anxiety and nerves not just in our school but in life. We then begin our Martial Arts Training. After the daily curriculum class, students can move on to specialty classes we offer or proceed to one of the separate private areas where they can do homework, relax, read, watch movies, play games until parent pick up.
We ARE NOT a daycare, we don’t baby sit. Your child will get physical exercise, learn discipline, manners, and respect for teachers, parents and other students as well as themselves. We teach and make your child a Champion in Life through Martial Arts.
Camp Programs. We are proud to offer Martial Arts Camp Programs;
Please see; Spring, Summer & Winter Camp Section of our website.
We welcome you to call or come by to learn more about our programs. Our after school and camp programs fill up fast and are often on wait list, specifically for pick up with some of our more popular local schools. Lock in your child’s spot and rate. it is our Honor to serve you.